Columbia Hall in Lebanon Springs opened in 1794. It stood 300 feet above the valley. At full capacity it could service 400 guests. The historic register from 1820-1830 was signed by visitors including the Marquis de Lafayette, Henry Longfellow, Daniel Webster, and John Quincy Adams.
The Lebanon Valley has a long history of manufacturing goods from the very beginning. Throughout the years there have been many mills processing everything from lumber to flour to textiles. There has also been a glassworks, a publishing house, as well as manufacturers of pharmaceuticals, thermometers and barometers in addition to the many Mount Lebanon Shaker Village manufacturing establishments.