Located in Historic New Lebanon

Social

Liesure Traditions

An idyllic setting and easy access from Albany, Boston and New York City have made the Lebanon Valley  a hotspot for social activity over the past 300 years.

Columbia Hall

Columbia Hall was originally built in 1794 by William Nichols as a small hotel.  It was acquired by Caleb Hull about 1800. The Hull family commenced a series of improvements which ultimately resulted in a resort hotel which accommodated 300 guests.  It was situated on 38 acres which included a croquet lawn, woodland rambles and several spacious buildings for indoor amusements as well as the Thermal Spring and Bath House.

Lebanon Hot Springs

Lebanon Springs was originally known to Native Americans as "Monte Poole"and was frequented by those people for its restorative properties. A group of Mohican Indians brought the first white man, Captain John Hitchcock,from Stockbridge to the Springs in 1756 to bathe in the waters as a cure for a skin ailment.